I’m Miss Golding, you all know me already from being in reception with you last year but this year is my first year as a teacher, how exciting! My favourite subjects to teach are Literacy and RE, I love watching your Literacy skills grow each day. I also think RE is very interesting and love hearing all your thoughts about all the different beliefs in the world. Outside of school I enjoy my sports, I go running often and kick boxing! I also enjoy watching films and going on long walks around country parks.
I’m Miss Deverill and I have joined Tiger in September. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome! My favourite subjects to teach at school are PSHE and History, I find them really interesting and they are great lessons to have lots of discussions. I also really enjoy reading so making time to read in Dragonfly is ultra-important to me. Outside of school I like to go on long walks with my dog Lexi and watching a good film. My favourite sport is dancing and ever since I was in Year 2 I have been learning to Ballroom and Latin dance.
Year 1 Pick Up and Drop Off:
Drop Off – 8:45am
Pick Up – 3:30pm
WEDNESDAY – Please come into school with your PE Kits on that day and make sure to take earrings out.
You can come and see what Year 1 are up to by looking at our page @TPS_Year1. We will be posting lots of content of what we get up to every week on there for you all to see.
Busters Book Club:
We are taking in our Busters score every week on Wednesday so please fill in the book mark with how much reading you have done in that week. Every minute counts! You will find the bookmark in your child’s contact book.
In Year 1 this year we will be learning:
Our Big Topic:
- We are looking at memories and how they differ between each people. We’ve already looked at how technology has changed over the years – Bob The Builder used to look very different! We will be looking in History at how different school used to be so maybe you could find out how different school used to be for Mum & Dad or Nan & Grandad.
The books we will be looking at in English this term are:
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- Stick Man by Julia Donaldson
On Power Maths we are looking at
- Counting On and Counting Back
- Numbers to 20
- Numerical Patterns
- This term we are looking at the Human Body. We have already looked at our senses and next week we will be looking at some of the most important bones and organs in our body and what they are for.
Every Monday tasks will be set on Teams and Mathletics. These will run until Sunday 4pm. TT Rockstars will be reset every two weeks with a new battle.
ALL HOME LEARNING WILL BE:
Assigned: Monday 4pm.
Due: Sunday 6pm.
The Year 1 team are looking forward to working with you and your children over the next school year!